Understanding COVICOAT PRO
COVICOAT™ creates a permanent bond with surfaces that microbes cannot penetrate. The patented interlocking network of nano-spikes kills by physically rupturing micro-organisms and further electrocuting them. This physical manner of killing prevents the development of resistance.
COVICOAT™’s unique formula remains attached to surfaces despite regular use and cleaning and doesn’t leech, stain or corrode surfaces. This sustained action of upto 180 days, effectively prevents the build-up of reservoirs of infection and reduces the risk of spreading contagious infections.
This coating is performed by certified hygiene professionals with the latest electrostatic spray technology in the world and is effective on a vast range of surfaces.
Understating the Cost of COVICOATTM PRO Services
Type of property based on Disinfection Needs
- Critical Disinfection Needs – Properties where we recommend Full-Volume Coating. It means coating of the entire internal surfaces of the property including all the walls till 10 ft heights. Examples of such properties are – Hospital, Clinics, Kids school, Play school and day care center, Old age homes, Public Transport, Salon, Spa, Pubs and restaurants.
- General Disinfection Needs – Properties where we recommend coating of Frequently-Touched Surfaces (FTS). FTS means coating of all the surfaces of general public touch which means everything in the internal area other than the walls of the property. Examples of such properties are – IT offices, Personal offices, Factories, Housing Societies, Colleges, and Professional Institutes.
Chemical Coverage Area
Use of chemicals depends on the type of sprayer machine (ULV sprayer or Electrostatic sprayer) used. For Full Volume Coating – 1 L for 12500 cubic ft or 1250 square ft floor area
For Frequently Touched Surfaces – 1 L for 35000 cubic ft or 3500 square ft floor area
Do I need an ATP Test?
Do I need Warranty for Coating Services?
Do I need professional Service by COVICOAT™
Technically COVICOAT™ bonds to surfaces as a molecular level and the bonding is permanent. This bond is in-volatile, insoluble, and non leaching and the treatment should last for the life of the treated surface but there are several factors that affect the longevity of the action.
Dust / Pre-coating cleanliness – If you treat a dirty or unstable surface, when the dirt comes off or the surface is disturbed, the effectiveness of the antimicrobial decreases.
Post-coating care – Abrasive or caustic (pH 12.0) cleaners will also shorten effective life, In our experience, our home office applicators have seen effectiveness for the life of the substrate with normal housekeeping.
Exposure – certain areas are more populated and frequented by large numbers of people such as Floors of hospitals or public spaces etc. This high intensity usage of the area exerts a wear and tear on the coating and may lead to a reduction in the efficacy from 180 days to 100 days.
No. We source our products from various vendors and we found a product from a vendor with their technical validations and certificates. One of the certificate was claimed to be issued from Noida Testing Lab, which on our enquiry was found to be invalid. That product has been discontinued.
We have a very stringent process in place for all products we sell. Each product is checked for validity and claims and only certificates and field study from very reputed government and private institute are being accepted.
FULL VOLUME COATING ( COVICOAT – FULL VOLUME)
- Coating of the entire internal surfaces of the property including all the walls till 10 ft height
- Best in Industry protection from cross infection and surface contamination
- Covers all surfaces – Floors, walls, fabrics, carpets, tables, chairs, electronics, literally everywhere
Indicated For –
- High risk facilities with long durations of contact such as –
- Hospitals, Clinics, Schools, Play schools and day-care centers, Old age homes,
- Public Transport, Salon, Spa, Pubs and restaurants.
COVICOAT Hot Spot – Dis-infection
- An innovative coating solution recommended for the coating of Frequently Touched Surfaces or CROSS-CONTAMINATION Hot Spots.
- With over 4 years of sustained disinfection experience we evaluate the areas that are most likely to be dangerous areas for contamination in your facility and provide 100 days of protection on them.
Indicated for –
- Areas of public / unregulated contacts such as –
- Lift buttons, door handles, common contact surfaces, bathroom surfaces, toilets,
sinks, tables, chairs and kitchen surfaces etc
Perfect for –
- IT offices, Personal offices, Housing societies, Colleges, Professional Institutes, Coaching Centers, law Chambers,
The time taken usually involves 15 mins of setup and PPE donning time followed by the capability to cover approximately 15,000 sq ft in an hour.
- This is expandable to about 1 Lakh square feet in a day
The time taken often depends on how dense or congested the space is with furnishing and other objects so a variablity of +/- 20% may be assumed.
ATP meters are a fast and effective method to measure surface contamination. The method was initially popular for the food industry and in healthcare for being effective, relatable and quick.
They work on the principle of luminometry and indicate the amount of ATP or living organic microbes on a surface.
A normal ATP-evaluation takes about 15 seconds and is measured in RLU.
Understanding RLU values –
- 0 – 30 – Food Grade Safe
- 31 – 100 – Non-contaminated Surface
- Greater 101 – Contaminated
We have completed over 20 crore cubic feet of coating and our experience gives us the confidence to provide the 100 days warranty on all the coating services we provide. The warranty includes the ATP testing at the client location on intervals of 30 days and if the RLU count is less than the recommended levels in any segment of coated property, we do the Re-Coating FREE of Cost for the client. But the client can do the Re-Coating of most frequented areas (like kitchen, Toilets, reception etc) by themselves also during the interval based on their assessment.
We encourage our users to DIY (Disinfect It Yourself) as this reduces their cost and the user gets the command of disinfecting their premises at their own requirement and assessment. If you have significant large area of operation, it makes economic sense to get the coating done by yourself. The coating can be done by their own housekeeping or maintenance staff. We do provide the training FREE of COST to our bulk buyers. The buyer may take the service of locally available technicians also at relatively low cost. Training is provided by us in the form of DIY videos for every kind of surfaces.
We recommend electrostatic machine or ULV sprayer (<40 micron) for professional application of COVICOAT™ Pro compound.
COVICOAT™ is the best Self Disinfecting Antimicrobial Solution in India. This is certified for long term application and effect from the world’s top virology lab MSL labs UK and most importantly has the longest field study for effect and Toxicity. With the certification of the product our user doesn’t need a separate test.
However, they can go for any kind of virology test at their own cost and resources. ATP test has no relation with the presence of viruses on any surfaces. Neither ATP test tells about the virus presence on surfaces. This is a test for the presence of organic bodies and in this case it counts the bacterial contamination at the surfaces. However, this is a good indicator for the bacterial infection containment. And based on the size of microbe the lowest count of RLU in ATP machine surely indicates that the coating is continuously working. APT is globally used for measuring the contamination level in Hospital, Food and Pharma industries.
Getting ATP test totally depends on the customer choice. In all major cities of India, we have ATP testing services with COVICOAT™ network. The user can access this on separate payment basis or as part of the package.
No, it does not volatilize, dissipate, or leech onto other surfaces or into the environment. Its chemistry polymerizes where it is applied and forms a permanent bond that lasts for the life of the treated surface. Normal cleaning should not remove the treatment, although it can be abraded away if the surface comes into contact with an abrasive compound.
The newer and older solution dyed carpets can be treated with the COVICOAT® Cleaning System. Carpets need to be cleaned prior to application with specially formulated carpet cleaning detergent to insure that active ingredient in formulation bonds. Like any cleaning detergent directions specify, all carpets and upholstery should be tested for dye fastness prior to treatment.